Cabin Staff JOB DESCRIPTION
- At least 18 years of age
- Desire, willingness and ability to work with children 8-17
- Willingness and ability to work with adults
- Ability to lead activities and assist in leading activities
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications is desirable
To ensure that the campers’ needs are met
- Supervise campers in their daily activities.
- Ensure the health and safety of each camper.
- Engage campers in participating camp activities
- Assist the campers in their cabin and camp chores.
- Reinforce the camp rules and policies.
Participate in camp programs
- Assist in daily Quest Zones activities.
- Engage campers during Team Games.
- Actively participate in camp programs.
- Assist an elective.
- Help final clean up at camp.
- Communicate effectively to enforce safety regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating, and provide necessary instructions to campers and staff.
- Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activities.
- Physically able to assist campers and/or staff in an emergency situation.
- Physically able to participate in camp activities.
- Physically able to maneuver throughout camp on own accord.